- Need a book to read? Try Savaged by Systemd: an Erotic Unix Encounter. Amazon also recommended 'git commit murder'.
- Dynamic projection mapping is cooler than I could possibly describe in words.
- Yoda is supposed to be just a normal guy (by George Lucas).
- British TV in the 60s is completely inexplicable. Here is couple elderly, enthusiastic men playing a wacky version of Bye Bye Blues on a mellotron.
- The first step to building an irl holodeck. It looks really pretty.
- A JS library to generate graphs that look like they were cutely sketched by hand.
Touching and nice and beautiful in a way only old movies can be.
The visuals are great, music is great, Bill Murray and Scarlett Johansson are always fun to watch, but there's not much to the story or characters and there's a lot more style than substance.
- An arctic fox travelled 3500km in 76 days, ending up in Ellesmere Island (pictured, photo by Paul Gierszewski).
- The best/worst game ending of all time.
- Individually, they are useful and not much more, but covering a screen, these animations of katakana are beautiful.
- I didn't care about synthesizers, but someone made a kicking web app and now I care a lot.
- 2018 in review.
- This interview where Andy Warhol explains his art is as good as or better than his art.
This season starts with Dr. Blake Downs coming back from the dead and Childrens Hospital temporarily relocating to an army base in Japan. Dr. Sprat becomes a secret agent, Sy fakes a five-star restaurant to hoodwink a famous hospital reviewer, and it all comes together in a violent, gory battle of compatriot against compatriot. I hate that I have seen every episode of this show because I miss new Childrens Hospital so badly.
It's the sort of twitchy, old-school game where you're guaranteed to die every couple minutes, without warning, even if you're good. That's fine. Some of those old games are fun. Every time you die, the phone rings. You start to associate the sound of the phone ringing with unexpected death. The problem is, the phone also frequently rings when you DON'T die, and the NPCs just want to chat with you. I don't think English has a word to describe the unpleasantness of a machine training you to have Pavlovian reaction of instant annoyance to a certain sound, and then using that reaction to fuck around with you.
Beyond that, its visuals are dull, its gameplay is repetitive. At one point, for no reason, a naked, unconscious woman has her butt sticking up in the air, which seems more like a joke about a Japanese game developer than something a Japanese game developer would actually do.
I tried to write about how stupid a character Revolver Ocelot is, but every description I came up with made him sound awesome, so I'll just leave you with this video.
A disturbing, artsy 80s anime about a girl walking around with an egg. What more could you ask for?