A dark, seedy, erotic Choose Your Own Adventure.
To strangle the little faubourienne you have turned into your whore, turn to page 235!
To smoke clove cigarettes and discuss people who haven't read Mauriac, turn to page 431!
This is a big, professionally-made movie that's based around the idea that humans only use 10% of their brains. Except that's a dumb myth from the 1800s and makes the movie impossible to enjoy.
What's even more frustrating is that there's a lot of craftmanship and talent here and, with a bit of a rewrite, it probably could have been one of the great science fiction films of all time, instead of a cringefest. If only one of the hundreds of people who worked on this had pointed out the error, at any point during the film's making...
This is also at least the third movie where Scarlett Johansson has ascended to a higher plane of reality, and I'd be curious to know why producers and Johansson herself think of her that way.
- I haven't seen the new Alan Partridge, but I have seen this, and it is good.
- Weird Universe discovered these instructions for resetting a GE smart bulb, which seems like a parody, but is apparently totally legit. Laziness if often more difficult and tiring than alternative. I'm pretty happy walking over to the light switch.
- A story of a man who accidentally forged an ancient golden crown.
- Sega Channel and other early experiments in online consoles. I was a kid when Sega Channel happened. Lots of people had Segas but no one's parents were shelling out for Sega Channels. Those commercials, though.
- CSS pattern generator. Pixel art is fun.
- My new favourite 404 page.